Monday, June 6, 2016

113) Markonahalli dam – A final touch: (24/5/2015)

Place: Markonahalli Dam.

Distance: 100 x 2 = 200kms.

Directions: Bengaluru – Nelamangala - Kunigal - Yadiyur - Markonahalli

Particiapants: Ashok (Momz) > Datta (Dattu) > Arun (Aaku) > Dilip (Isro) > Madhu (barca) > Karthik (Sp).

Bikes: Unicorn > Pulsar (2)                                              


Alright, the final touch to May 2015. An eventful May I must say, as every weekend had been utilized well. This chapter was fun filled and plenty of came along with it. And finally it closed with a very heavy showdown near our college dhaba. Ashok(Momz) as usual was the highlight with his fresh enlightening behind the music- independence jokes.

A week had passed since our ride to Mahadevapura. Arun had come to town and we had planned a small ride as he wanted to return by noon. When asked about the plan, Dilip, Madhu, Dattu, Arun and Ashok were on the confirmed list.  Manchinbele and Markonahalli were the two places on our mind.
TIME: 22:00 (23/5/2015)

Yeah I was up at 05:00, did a few push ups & situps, had a cup of coffee and was all set to leave. As the meet up was scheduled at bakery. I went and picked up Dattu & came to bakery. Madhu, Dilip, Arun joined shortly. Last but not least Ashok also joined us. Regarding the place it was decided the Markonahalli would be a good option. So we took off from Bangalore with the destination fixed. (always held in suspended state) 
TIME: 07:00


RIDE 1: (Bangalore– Nelamangala – Kunigal – Yadiyur - Markonahalli)
This was a 100kms ride on the butter smooth Mangalore highway. We were 6 people on 3 bikes. We rode initially slow until Nelamangala. After Nelamanagala the roads widened up and we shifted gears. After a few kilometres of riding, we pulled over for breakfast.
TIME: 08:15

After the breakfast we had some light tea and then hit the road big time. After about  an hour of riding we had cruised past Kunigal, Yadiyur. After which we slowed down a bit, looking out for the left deviation. After having found the right one, we rode through the arch and into the narrow road.  After riding for a few kilometres, we could spot the clear waters of the dam sparkling at some distance.
TIME: 09:45


The dam waters like always was very clear and tempting to get down.  But since we had one tetra pack of juice we all decided to have a sip and crash down below a tree. To start things off we walked on the bund until the gates. After which we decided to head near the dam shore and relax. After finishing the juice, we all sat in a circle near a tree, with Momz alone preaching us all about his theories on how we got independence, how we became republic, what people do in heaven. The laughter riot was intense and we were rolling on the mud holding our tummies. 

With momz around, the trip is ensured to be epic. His out of the world jokes and (trust me!) some of his own life incidents are enough to get the group going. After riot ended, we got up and started the good old skipping stones. The one with the max jumps wins! 
And as we were just about to leave, we spotted a mango tree. We started picking up stones and throwing at the tree hoping that mangoes would fall down. Madhu came up with another idea, “to throw mangoes to get mangoes” and it actually worked.  We ended with a fistful of mangoes each.
After munching in on some, we decided to leave Markonahlli. I kept few in my hand and requested Madhu to ride my bike as I wanted to munch in on some more on our way back.
TIME: 11:15


RIDE 2: (Markonahalli – Yadiyur – Kunigal – Nelamangala - Bangalore)
This was a 100kms ride back on the wide Manglore highway. As we left, we rode beside each other and still trying to figure out the immense depths of meaning in the wise jokes by Momz :P. I was sitting behind eating mangoes. The ride was fun filled and pure cruise.  We wanted to pull over at “athithi dhaba” but a Arun was in a hurry we decided to belt food near college at our regular dhaba itself.

We did ride back at a decent pace until Yeswanthpur, after which Arun let loose and started lighting the roads on fire. But soon the cops pulled him over for over speeding. We waited for him to clear the formalities, after which we reached our dhaba for some drink & spicy food. Arun couldn’t join us he had other plans.
TIME: 13:15

And we went on munching (spiciest andhra style chilli chicken you'll ever find) and  drinking. We spent about 3.5hours at the dhaba and then went near college for some Golgappa. After munching on some chats we went inside college for a little while and rode back to our respective homes.
TIME: 17:30



No comments:

Post a Comment